Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Born In My Heart Art Auction

It's finally here! The Born In My Heart Art Auction, April 23-28. Check it out here.

I'm really excited to see all the neat items up for auction at 9am PST today (Thursday, April 23) and I'm also anxious to see if anyone bids on the quilt that I sent in. (Oh I really hope so!) I want there to be so many heart surgery expenses to be covered!
In case you are cautious of donating, please know that 100% of the proceeds from this auction benefit heart surgeries for these little people. In some cases it not only gives them the gift of life ... but it also makes it possible for them to be one step closer to adoption and a forever family! If you are needing a gift for Mother's Day I can't think of a better place to look for a gift than this auction!! Honor both your own mother and the life of a child with your purchase--I guarantee your mother will be pleased and probably very moved!




As for this quilt, entitled Soli Deo Gloria (To God Alone the Glory), creating it was truly a labor of love for me through much prayer about where God was in all of the pain and loneliness in the world especially for the orphans--for children who simply long to be LOVED ... what a basic human need!
and to have a mom and a dad of their very own.
Isn't that something that should be a given in life?!
Especially if you are sick or have a medical issue?
You should always be able to have parents shouldn't you?!
These thoughts overwhelmed me and I asked Him what I could possibly do to help with something that was so far away and yet tugged at my heart and made it hurt SO much. Me, a stay-at-home-mom and artist. Wasn't I busy enough with my own kids? Why did this bother me SO much and even more so when I was with my kids? Shouldn't I just focus on them and not be so concerned with things out of my hands? Well that didn't seem right ...
But if I was supposed to make a difference why hadn't I become a surgeon or a missionary or rich entrepreneur or something more "useful." Why did I go to school to be a stinkin' artist? Suddenly that seemed like a terrible waste ... And I kid you not, within a day I had been led to the LWB Art Auction, how perfect is that?! With an entry deadline 3 weeks away I had just enough time to finish a project, which I did with 1 day to spare. Apparently God can even use an artist! That was really encouraging! It's times like these that really give me goose-bumps and lets me KNOW--because sometimes I guess I need to be reminded--that YES He does listen to us, He does answer our prayers and He loves it when our hearts are burdened for what He feels deeply about and how He is glorified by letting Him use us as His hands and feet. God does care for the orphan ... and it is His will that WE reach out to them and care for them, not because it's easy or because we're at the perfect place in our lives or because we're in the perfect occupation but because we know what it feels like to be loved, to be included in a family and not only a human family but more importantly a Heavenly family.

I received 2 references to St. Theresa of Avila today in different emails and again it's one of those goose-bump moments. It's really not often that I get emails quoting Saints and the quotes really fit so perfectly with where I am right now! I'd like to pass this one along in the hope that it will encourage you too.

"May today there be peace within. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us." --St. Theresa of Avila

I look forward in faith that God has many useful plans for all of us--in the little and the big things.
He is Mighty to save!

No comments:

The family

The family