Friday, June 12, 2009

Nolan turns one



Nolan turned one this week--wow--it is so amazing what a little man he has become during the last year! I know, I know ... everyone says this. But it is just SO amazing to think that last year he was a bundle in a blanket and now he's all over the house. Oh and he said "Bye" for the first time today--and it was actually used to say goodbye!
It's one of those happy-sad moments of mommy-dom when my baby just isn't such a baby anymore.

We haven't really celebrated his birthday yet, although I have a jello poke-cake in the fridge (lime green jello) and I plan to frost it with CoolWhip and decorate it with a zamboni for tomorrow. Nolan LOVES to watch the zamboni at the ice arena. If anyone gets in his way to watch it clean the ENTIRE ice he will move into whatever position necessary to watch its every move! I'm not sure how I'm going to accomplish this wih the cake ... but something is bound to come to me.

Today we enjoyed the pleasant weather and had a picnic and play-time at the park. Here's a photo of the boys ... sweet aren't they?!



And just so you know that these are real kids and that we're not the Cleaver family (sorry to shatter anybody's dream about that) here's the next second after the previous photo ... oh my ... not so sweet ...

1 comment:

The Sanders Family said...

Awww...cute photo of the boys. I love the second one too. It's very realistic :) That's the way most of my group photos of the kids turn out! The 6 and under crowd can be pretty tough!

Happy Birthday Nolan! Can't believe it's been a year!

The family

The family