Monday, August 24, 2009

Honest answers

I just updated the little "Blogs I Follow" area on my right sidebar. I guess I finally got tired enough of stalking other people's websites as a springboard to see if the sites we had in common had new posts! So, if you notice I'm not pinging your site a bajillion times a day don't feel bad, I just decided to streamline things a bit. In the process I noticed that I had forgotten one site. A total oversite, but I almost feel like Satan himself was keeping me from reading this or something because it has got to be hands-down one of the most in your face, honest, heart opening blog post I have read about why people do not adopt. It's shameful for me to admit I've actually thought in my head a few of those excuses myself while working through potential conversations with my husband ... and I'd love to adopt! Honesty can hurt.
So, if you haven't already you should check this out.

And to the blog writer ... I'd leave you a comment but for some reason I can't! (It seems like half the sites I would like to say something to I can't leave a comment. I think it's my old OS system or that I'm on a Mac or something. Anyway, if you read this, THANK YOU so much for your post! It is encouraging, even if it's like a poke in the eye, to do what you know is right.

P.S. The one that got me the most?
•Adoption is so expensive (yes it is, but my God owns cattle on a 1,000 hills)

1 comment:

TanyaLea said...

I've read it, and indeed, it was a great and very honest post. I wish more people would read it, because it speaks straight to the heart, even if some of it jabs at us a little, because of things we have felt or thought in the past...but it's so good and deeply honest. Glad you didn't miss it all together. Better late than never, I always say!!! ;o)

Blessings and Hugs,
~Tanya

The family

The family