Monday, August 31, 2009

Yay

Two weeks ago I posted about an adoption fundraiser for Drew and his family. I'm happy to report they not only reached their goal but also surpassed it! What a blessing to get them through the next step of processing everything toward their DTC. I know that the red tape is important ... I just wish some people could get a "free" card or a "pass steps A through E" bonus or something.


In other news I cannot believe I won one of the raffle items! I am so psyched 'cuz I never win anything! And I have to admit I had a big prayer in my heart before I read through the post. (Not necessarily for any particular raffle item but really as one of those "Gideon laying out the wool" tests. I know it's just silly ... but a girl can dream and this one does ... probably way too much.)
But regardless, I was tickled/shocked/giddy to see that my name was drawn for a gift certificate to "Girly Girl Bowtique". They have really neat hair accessories (check it out!) And as my good friend said, "Girl, with all that testosterone in your house YOU NEED SOMETHING GIRLY! It's about time."
I don't think I could have said it much better. HA HA!

So thank you again for the opportunity to help bring Drew home. What a blessing to feel like we all are a part of something so much bigger than right outside our front door. Hopefully if need arises down the road we all can band together again to get big things done through lots of little things. (I have a feeling that most everybody reading my blog also follows the majority of the blogs on my "blogs I follow" sidebar. That in itself is cool.

4 comments:

TanyaLea said...

Yeah!!! I seen that your name was drawn for the "Girly Girl Bowtique" certificate...how fun! I was crossing my fingers that my name would be drawn for that one... but since it wasn't me, I am VERY GLAD it was YOU!! :) Yes, I would agree, with all of that testoserone in your house, you really DO need something girly!!!
Congrats my friend!

Have a blessed week and have fun selecting your bows!! (>o<)

Tara Anderson said...

I have to admit...I chuckled a little bit when I saw that you had won the Girly Girl certificate! I could almost see your boys running as fast as they can in the opposite direction when you pull out those bows! LOL!

The Sanders Family said...

Lucky you! And if I soon see your boys wearing bows, I guess I'll know why ;) {And such a neat way of letting you know you're a winner, by holding your name up in a photo! Cool idea.}

Girly Girl Mommy said...

Wasn't it so much fun to see how God provided!! And Whoo Hoo!! You won my contribution!! I do have adult/mom stuff too! Had way too many people passing my booth at the craft shows I do saying "Just boys" so I had to expand my product lines to add adult items. I have a ton of fabric headbands and some in new fabrics I have just been sewing up. I wear one almost every day. Also great are the wristlet key fobs to carry your keys around your wrist and have hands free to hold onto little ones or packages. I have sold most I had online, so I have to update with pics of my new inventory. Whoo Hoo!!

The family

The family