Saturday, September 19, 2009

Thank Goodness for Mothers

Thank goodness for mothers.
My mom put aside her busy schedule (no seriously, although retired she is the busiest person I know!) to come keep me and the boys company for a few days while Jeff is away on an elk hunt out west. And none too soon. She got here yesterday and last night our middle son started coughing ... and then was up ALL night coughing nearly continuously. It was fortunately nothing serious, just the case of our genetics making small bronchials and all the seasonal pollen and allergens colliding with a respitory bug. He was just miserable all day. Little did she know what she was getting into when she suggested coming over for a few days! And yet, that's just what mom's do best isn't it? Tonight Brayden (our oldest) was able to play Mite hockey during the intermission of the big guy's semi-pro league and guess who volunteered to stay home with my sick sweetie that finally was power-sleeping on the couch? Grandma. And not only that ... he was well on his way to healed when the other 2 boys and I arrived home. Moms/Grandmas. They sure are special!

(Now I'm feeling a sore throat coming on and my voice has gone somewhere on vacation ... do you think she'll stay a few more days?) haha?!

Quote of the day after trying to talk Easton into taking a cough suppressant so he could rest:
"If my kids are well enough to agree to take medicine, they are most likely not sick enough to really need it."
They make medicine no picnic that's for sure!

4 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

Mothers...and grandmothers...are indeed a blessing! I don't know what I would do without my mother-in-law. Hope your crew gets to feeling better soon!

The Sanders Family said...

Awww...that's so nice of your mom to come and spend some time with you. I know my mom is a lifesaver when Jason goes away on trips! At church your mom actually told me about Brayden playing hockey last night, and that he scored a goal! Yeah! Go Brayden :)

I hope your throat feels better soon. I have a sore throat too :( No fun! And the seasonal colds have now hit our house too, with Chloe and Coop both sporting runny noses thanks to allergies. Those are definitely the signs of fall and back to school, huh!

TanyaLea said...

Moms/Grandma's are a blessing indeed. They are the GRANDEST of Moms and I can't imagine life with out them!! :)

Praying you beat the seasonal illnesses soon. We've had circles of the YUCKS hitting our house since the end of last week, too...and I'm doing my best to keep them from getting a hold on me!

Hugs,
Tanya

Firefly Photo Jewelry said...

Love that quote! Isn't that the truth :) I'm so glad your mom was able to come spend some time with you. Perfect timing... Or I guess imperfect depending if you look at it thru her eyes :) Seriously I bet she was glad to be able to help.

I hope you start feeling better and it doesn't spread to the entire house. Welcome fall!

The family

The family