Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Talkative Tuesday


This is how I kinda feel when Jeff is traveling.
Now, I know that he will be the first to admit that his gift is not idle chit chat. BUT I really do miss the conversation that we do have when he's here.
Presence.
There is something to be said about just being with someone that speaks volumes without saying anything at all.
7 days away already, how did I do so well when he was in China for 10 days? Hmmm. Oh yes ... he had his email and cell phone so we talked quite a bit throughout the trip actually. This time he's on a mountain far from a cell tower.

Nolan by the way was not hurt in this photo. He had decided to step into the stoneware crock and try out sitting down. He forgot to get the other leg in first and was quite frustrated that he was then stuck without any leverage to get back out! (And me running to get the camera chuckling quietly didn't help I'm sure!)

I really thought this could be a Wordless Wednesday post I've always wanted to do one of those ... but I think I'm gonna have to post it under Talkative Tuesday and leave the explanation.

4 comments:

TanyaLea said...

oh Val...I love ya! ;) You always know how to make me laugh!! And I love that you ran to get the camera while Nolan was stuck in the crock... it's the responsible 'mommy' thing to do!! LOL!!! I would've totally done the same thing! :)

And I hear ya about the whole 'presence' thing with our hubbies. Martin isn't exactly the chatty type either... good thing for both of us! ((wink,wink!)) But there is just something about him being at 'home' even if we aren't talking. It's part of that comfort and completeness that is unspoken but surely there. And next week, I will be in your shoes...though my hubby will surely have access to cell phones and email, so at least we can talk every evening. But I still like him home with me, best!! :)

Hugs,
Tanya

Tara Anderson said...

I'm so glad my kids aren't the only ones who climb into stoneware crocks!!!! LOL!

I know exactly how you feel with Jeff gone. Andrew is FAR from chatty, but the house just seems empty without him here. I don't like it! Our entire marriage has involved Andrew being "away" up until moving here to TX and now he's in class 3 nights a week! Sometimes I wonder how I survive it all! :)

Firefly Photo Jewelry said...

I totally would have taken the picture too!! I cracked up laughing at your Talkative Tuesday. I always try to do a wordless wed. But you know me better than that. I can't not talk.

I'll be praying these last few days go quickly for you. I can't even imagine!

Michele said...

I KNOW! Maybe I am neurotic (I am certain that I am), but I am about to have a panic attack about Brad going out of town tomorrow. He is only going three hours away and coming back LATE tomorrow night, and I am going crazy. He is taking my oldest baby with him. I am not concerned about the quiet, but I have this crippling fear that something is going to happen. I am so worried! I can't imagine if he traveled a lot!

I will pray for you! If you ever want to chat on the telly, you are welcome to call me!

The family

The family