Monday, November 23, 2009

Blessed and Thankful

Gifts for Philip

Gifts for Samuel

I FINALLY got the gift boxes for Samuel and Philip in the mail today off to the Operation Giggle headquarters. I love these little guys ... and well ... as much as I look forward to having them receive the gifts I am kinda sad that we're on to the second phase. The planning and anticipation was so fun. But, I simply cannot wait to hear how the whole project unfolds! Happy laughing and excited children will be such a joy to see and hear!

It's been a project for the entire family on our end ... and I'm glad to say that I think we've all grown from it. Jeff dealt with these presents scattered across our bedroom and closet for a month while I tried to decide what toys would be best and weren't too heavy. Nolan got to pick out toys for the first time ever for someone else. Easton had to deal with the fact that not all toys are for him! (Some tears were shed but I'm sure hearts have grown.) And this momma was so happy to hear Brayden mention out of the blue " ... the cute little guy at New Day" (his words) ... and how he was looking forward to him getting the presents. Oh yes, and not to forget me ... I actually got the mailing tape stuck to my lip while sealing the boxes. Just a word to the wise ... if you get mailing tape on your lip DO NOT pull it off casually. I lost all the skin on my lower lip kinda like if I had stuck it to a flag pole outside on a cold winter's day. I think I'm going to blame this on lack of sleep not feeling well. I don't want anyone to think I'm this clutzy usually.

I am praying that these little guys will love the gifts and that God was able to guide us to the ones that would be just right for them. But even more I hope this is the first of many memorable Christmases and that the Joy of Jesus will enter their hearts. We love having them as part of our family and I can't wait for the day that their forever family has their presents under their tree every year! I'm SO glad they were shared with us this year! What a blessing! And I am so thankful for being a part of their Christmas.
XXOO Love you little men!

Curious about what's in the packages?
Gifts for Philip

Gifts for Samuel (except the green tractor was too heavy ... I'm going to have to mail that for his birthday.)

4 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

I just sent mine off for Cora on Saturday...and they weren't wrapped, so you're ahead of me on that one! You must have gotten totally creative with the packaging, because I struggled to come in at the 3 lb mark with only 5 gifts! I had alot of plastic toys, though. :) The gifts you got for the boys are PRECIOUS and I know that they will love them! I hope they post LOTS of pictures on the New Day site for us to enjoy!

Valerie and Jeff said...

Creative I was! I took off all packaging where I could ... split cardboard thickness down to paper thin where I could too. The books are ultra light--WHAT A GIFT THAT WAS! It was 3 lbs before I wrapped it ... but was a little over with all the trimmings. So I'm wondering if everyone's will be? yikes. It's crazy how a little paper and tape can add weight?! I'm still praying for the milk fund and shipping. By chance did you see the raffle item of wall art? It was a second post about 2 weeks ago on the OG site and I'm wondering if anyone has seen it?

TanyaLea said...

Your gifts are perfect, Valerie!! I was going to get mine in the mail today, but I still wanted to put one more thing in it, so it's going out tomorrow instead. I'm with Tara...I hope they post LOTS and LOTS of photos for us all to enjoy. Video would be great, too!! :)

The Sanders Family said...

Geez...I haven't sent my package out yet. Always last minute for me! The deadline is Dec. 1, right?!? :) Looks like you put a lot of time and effort into picking out the perfect gifts! 'Your boys' will be blessed on Christmas Day! Glad Brayden and Easton had fun with it. Gabe & Cooper loved shopping for gifts for our boy, and when I explained to them that he is waiting for a mom & dad, they asked if he could come live with us. Talk about breaking my heart! This is such a blessing to be able to teach the kids that Christmas isn't about them, and its not about gifts, it's about giving a little of what Christ has given to us!

The family

The family