Friday, December 18, 2009

Bird Seed Bagels

Earlier this spring I was perusing another blog-friend's site (THANKS SARA!) and I came across this COOL project that I just had to try! It turned out to be the perfect day to mix together the peanut butter and LARD (that was the thing that I kept forgetting to add to my shopping list and for some reason (haha) is not already in my pantry. Although ... is this what Crisco is? Wait, seems to me Crisco is vegetable shortening and lard is from animals ... hmmm, I seem to be out of Crisco too.)

Here is the link to the original blog complete with photos. I captured in photos just one of my little partners in bird-seed-donut making. I gotta tell ya, they looked so good--like sprinkled donuts--that I almost wanted to try one! Almost that is.

Gifts for the birds ... from the heart.

I love the quote that Sara put on these originally. I just may have to copy her tags too.
It's a Chinese Proverb that says, "If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come."
What a vision of HOPE.

Ingredients:
Day-old bagels (although we had to use fresh ones)
Peanut Butter,
Lard,
Birdseed,
Ribbon for hanging
And a bag and tag.

2 comments:

Football & Fried Rice said...

It's for the birds...for sure :=)

I love it!! We don't have any trees at our new house :( or we'd be making some bird feeders too!!

Tara Anderson said...

Looks like fun! I think I'd be tempted to sneak just a bite to see what they actually taste like. :)

The family

The family