Sunday, January 17, 2010

Victory!


(Brayden is on the far right kneeling in the front.)
Sweet is victory! Brayden and his team won the Championship cup at their hockey tournament this weekend! What a thrill for them especially since the team they were matched to play this morning was the Junior Wild out of Minnesota. Yes ... hockey world Minnesota! I was scared for them. But oddly enough ... we found out later that THEY were actually intimidated by US! Crazy how we adults get so caught up in perceptions and confidence levels. I don't think the kids let too much of this get to them. It was mainly us adults. They were just there to play hockey and do their best ... and good for them because that's what it's all about really anyway.

Our family did weather the sickness-storm of last week and I am glad to say that we ALL have gone through "the yuckies" (I was the last to fall victim late last week. So much for any "immunity.") And now, on the heels of the last bug is a nasty cold that is starting again with Brayden. Maybe I'm cleaning the house TOO well and I'm killing the good germs as well as the bad because I am maxing out the legal use of Lysol and Clorox wipes I am afraid! I guess it all goes hand in hand with winter and kids. So what do you do? HA!

I do hope that I can get back up to speed with all of you. I miss you all! I've been trying to read little bits and pieces here and there of your posts where I can but I do feel I'm out of the loop. Excuse my absence ... but thanks for checking back in! :-)

6 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

Congratulations on the BIG victory!!! Brayden looks too cute and proud of himself in that picture!

I'm glad the sickness has passed, and based on the descrpitions of your cleaning, I wouuld venture to guess that it's going to stay away for quite awhile! :)

Girly Girl Mommy said...

Brayden's smile says it all! Way to go. Y'all must be so proud.

Hopefully now that the sickness has run through all of you it will be gone for good. We've been lucky here.

Glad to see you back, and thanks so much for your comment :)
Hugs,
Kelly

Gretchen said...

Missed you! I have been out of the loop lately too. I'm hoping that now I can get back into the swing of things.

Football & Fried Rice said...

It's always the greatest feeling to win "the big one"!! Thankfully ya'll are feeling better and (maybe) getting back to life as normal!

The Sanders Family said...

Woo hoo! Way to go Brayden! Gabe is also very proud of his hockey playing Champ best buddy! I showed him the pictures, and he said, "Wow! That's so cool!" I really want to take Gabe to see Brayden play sometime soon. He'll be a very loud cheering section for sure!

TanyaLea said...

Wow...that is a great victory. And though I would usually be cheering for the MN team...I'm happy to throw my congrats in Brayden's direction for this one!! :) Great job guys!!!

Hope you all are feeling better and staying healthy now! We've had more than our share of the YUCK around here, too!

Hugs,
Tanya

The family

The family