Monday, February 15, 2010

Mostly Wordless Monday: Elizabeth


Is this smile Sweetness or what?!

If you missed the story about when her soggy birthday present arrived to me during a snowstorm read HERE.
She's on my heart often and I'm going to have to say I received such a gift seeing her excitement over her package! I am amazed at the faithfulness of her ND family who makes sure to send photos of appreciation without fail!

It's hard to believe this is the same little girl as last year about this time. (I wish I had a photo of when I first saw her! ... a small smile and what looked like a lot of scared feelings ... it was last spring when her world was so turned totally upside down. It's amazing to think back and point to something where God so evidently changed hearts and allowed a glimpse through HIS eyes. I should have done a screen capture of her entry photo ... and also of my heart at the time (if that were possible) ... but little did I know at the time the effect she would have!)
You'd especially notice that her purple lips are now a rosy PINK and that her timid, hesitant painful almost grin ... is now a beaming smile that lights up a room! And my heart? God's still working on that, of course, as He is ALL of ours.
The picture of LOVE--given, received and given out again.

4 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

Elizabeth has blossomed SO much since she first came to New Day...a trend that I see in so many of the children! It's such a joy and delight to get those pictures, isn't it?!?! I know they are a huge blessing for me! And I love that dress! :)

Football & Fried Rice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Football & Fried Rice said...

Elizabeth does totally look like a new girl! I think God is working on her heart in more than one way (ALL of ours, in fact!!)

I think you know a thing or two about buying for a girl!!

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness! That look on her face is priceless! She looks so excited, loved and proud!!! Thanks for sharing, I pray for her often!

The family

The family