Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thankful ... Friday

In February 2009 I read a book,
that broke my heart,
that made me ask questions,
that made me "SEEK."
"SEEK."
It is a word I continue to hear.
That pulls me closer.
Closer to God and His heart.

In October my children and I sent off these sweater to the very orphanage I had read about in the book, "Silent Tears" by Kay Bratt.

And today those sweaters ... especially this one, warms a sweet child.

From my hands in Iowa buttoning those buttons, putting it in a box and mailing it far away, to his/her caregiver now buttoning it over that sweet, small, warm body ...
The Lord is good and has great plans far beyond what we can imagine.
On this cold morning here (18°F outside,) I am thankful and warmed with the reminder that someone far away is warm and wrapped in a love that goes beyond being seen. But I hope they DO see it ... and I hope they DO feel it!

If you haven't read "Silent Tears: A Journey of Hope in a Chinese Orphanage," by Kay Bratt, I would highly recommend it to you!
It will move your heart and hopefully change your life.

6 comments:

Football & Fried Rice said...

Ok - I got a sneak peek at Silent tears this past weekend and then went to order it on Amazon & it says its not available until MARCH.

is God testing my patience?!?!?!?!

I want it NOW!!!!!!!!

I might even have to go to the bookstore & pay (GASP!) full price if they have it!?!?!!

Football & Fried Rice said...

AND, seeing that baby wearing your sweater made my heart skip a beat!!

Tara Anderson said...

I've got chills and tears seeing that baby in the sweater you sent! Oh what a precious sight...in my eyes and in the eyes of God!!!

TanyaLea said...

That is the sweetest post! I love seeing that little hunny with your sweater on. It's crazy to think you buttoned those same buttons before sending it off with lots of love, and now some sweet little girl is wrapped in that warm love! AWESOME!!! :)

Your love for the orphans ALWAYS warms my heart!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Tami said...

Valerie,

I read Silent Tears while I was waiting to bring Sophie home. Honestly, I got about 1/2 into it and was so disturbed and emotionally drained over it I had to put it down. I picked it up a few weeks later and did finish it. What an amazing book...what an amazing woman. It truly gives you an inside look to life in an orphanage...things everyone should know as hard as it may be to read.

The babe wearing your sweater speaks volumes!

(((hugs))))
Tami

Gretchen said...

I absolutely LOVE that book. I have read it a couple of times and I can attest that Kay Bratt is indeed an amazing woman. She is very down to earth and her heart is very much for the orphans....just like yours. I am blessed to know both of you. You both inspire me greatly.

The family

The family