Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring has arrived!


I could smell it in the air on Saturday as I trudged across our brown, soggy, cake batter consistency lawn. Ahhh ... the smell of just a little bit of photosynthesis just a brewing ... a little (and I mean little) bit of warmth in the air. And then 50's on Sunday and 60's today! Ahhh, sweetness!

If I ever lived in another area of the country I would miss the change of seasons so much ... yes ... I might even miss the minus 30 degree days of winter. Mostly because even with warm spring days or hot sweltering summer days it's ineveitable that in just a few months it will all be so different. And that is miraculous to me! I think it is probably a profound source of amazing and renewing Hope.

So today Nolan got to try out his brand new trike outside. Grandma LaVerne had gotten it for him for Christmas and he was THRILLED beyond words with it! I cannot wait for him to learn how to peddle it. (He's the first of our 3 boys to ever have a trike oddly enough!) It was one of my favorite toys as a small child. And since my camera is in Japan I do not have any touching "first photos" of the trike ride to share ... but I do have these that I came across while strolling down memory lane. No ... this obviously isn't Nolan ... it's me. I'm guessing I'm about one judging from the summer season (even though the side of the photo says June.) These were taken back in the era of FILM and happened to be developed in June 1972. There are a few others I just may have to share down the road too. Awwwww. To be young again. What would I do without photos? I love pictures!

5 comments:

TanyaLea said...

Oh how CUTE!...I thought that was YOU!! :) I'm actually glad your camera is in Japan. (with the exception of the missed 'first' photos, of course) But I love the alternative "Valerie" photos on her trike...to precious... and you still have the same features...I could totally tell it was you! :)

Have a blessed week!
~ Tanya

Shawna&Co. said...

How cute were you?!?! Did I miss why your camera was in Japan? Jeff?

Gretchen said...

Aaawww...you're so cute. Not surprised!

I love old photos. Now I need to go and dig out the old ones of me.

The Sanders Family said...

What a little cutie! I think Brayden resembles you as a child a bit??? Maybe the eyes? Love your little outfit too {of course I'd notice the clothing!} Glad your boys are out enjoying the weather too! I'm still so jealous of Jeff in Japan!

Valerie and Jeff said...

That is a great idea Gretchen! I think we should all post a few baby/early childhood photos! The ultimate Flashback Friday or something like that.

--Valerie

The family

The family