Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Snapshot-Brayden's Hat Trick


Brayden finished his first season on the Mites Travel Hockey Team as of this weekend. Saturday's game was a loss ... but it was good to end the season with something to work towards into the new season in the fall and a little humbleness.

LAST weekend however was a different story!
We were in Wisconsin and NOBODY scored against our team ... nobody. In all three games. (And I did really feel sorry for those other teams. They even stopped keeping score after 0-7 thankfully) And Brayden got not just one ... or two ... but THREE hat tricks! (two in one game.)
**For those of you who don't follow hockey, a hat trick is when one player gets 3 goals in one game.**
yes ... he had nine points last weekend!
AND they were giving out patches for hat tricks ... how cool is that? Very cool for a boy of 6. I didn't even know they had patches for that and I don't think they have at any other tournament. So that was a lucky thing that the two events happened at the same time.
So, here's my Sunday Snapshot of our sweet, mischievous boy (don't you think his lost tooth fits the photo SO well!) and also to our very hockey-weary family. Because although we do enjoy hockey, it takes just as much, if not MORE patience and discipline for these guys:


who go to every practice (2-3 a week)
and sit
and watch
and wait
and wonder when it will ever be THEIR turn
To do this:

And be a part of this:

Way to go guys!
Ni Hao Y'all

9 comments:

The Sanders Family said...

Wow!!! That's so awesome for Brayden!!! And how cool that they were giving out patches. I'm sure he's so proud, and of course that you are too :) Way to go Brayden!!! Bet you're just a little glad that the long, long season is over though. You have such good kiddos to root on their brother until it's their turn to play! They certainly have a great example to follow after :)

vicki said...

I visited your blog from Ni Hao Y'all's Sunday snapshot (I was totally lazy this week and have nothing to post), but, well, you've sparked my curiosity b/c that rink where your son got his hat trick is where I live! SMALL world!? How funny!
Stop by my blog for a visit and then let's get acquainted! :)

shelley said...

nice job!!!!!

Wanda said...

Wow...hat trick....very cool!
I enjoyed your photos. Thanks

Tara Anderson said...

Way to go, Brayden!!! I know you've got to be one proud Momma!!!

Stefanie said...

Awesome! What a great way to end a long season... And he sure looks proud of his big accomplishment, too :)

Girly Girl Mommy said...

That's just way cool!!
Whoo Hoo Brayden!!

TanyaLea said...

AWESOME!! Way to go, Brayden!!! He is SO cute in his lil' hockey gear. It's so fun following our kids in sports and cheering them on through the years. It amazes me how much they grow, both physically and in skill, with each passing year. I try to soak in every moment, as I know they will be over all too soon!

The little guys are doing so good, too. It's tough to be patient for so long...especially when you're little, as time seems to just stand still at those ages. But I bet they will learn some great skill from watching their big brother! SOOOO cute!

Football & Fried Rice said...

Yeah for Brayden!! I had no idea what a hat trick was :) Now, I am better informed! I love seeing the patient brothers, waiting their turn to earn a hat trick or two themselves!!

and P.S. I know that ice rink too :)

The family

The family