Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Black and White Wednesday--The Hunt & Sweet Rewards


I have wanted to join Black and White Wednesday for a LONG time now. I'm just a little intimidated by everyone's great shots! I love black and white photos though. In my opinion any photo made black and white suddenly becomes art. It's almost magical for some reason ... because it truly stops time for a moment and cries out to not just be seen but to be really LOOKED at. And I really, really miss my Photoshop! I will need to break down and re-buy that very soon so I have the tools to do so much more. (sigh) I did see that I can create simple black and white versions of my shots in my cheesy Preview setting so I just couldn't wait any longer. I couldn't decide which one I liked better, so I'm including them both. The hunt ... and then the sweet rewards. (Click the photos for a bit larger look.)

9 comments:

Shawna&Co. said...

AWW He melts my heart! That was some serious business! :) I'm so glad you played along. These were great!

Wanda said...

Good for you for taking the plunge. These shots are great. I love the softness on the second one even though the focus is really sharp. Very nice!

Gail said...

Oh what a sweet little man, here on Easter. Both are great captures and make beautiful black and whites!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

He is so adorable! Don't be shy to post on B&W Wednesday. I TOTALLY don't know what I am doing but I like playing along anyway and all the talented photographers are so very kind.

You have a beautiful family.

Blessings~
Lisa

Maryvel Friesen said...

Well . . . welcome here then! No need to feel intimidated, we are ALL just having fun sharing pictures, that is all! and yours are very good and cute! Hopefully your boy did not get a stomach ache after all that candy! LOL!! If you are planning to get Photoshop, wait for CS5, looks amazing! Reveal is on April 12, watch out for it!

Heather said...

Those are wonderful!! I wish I could get organzied enough to remember to do this, ha. Keep posting .. they are great! And the subject matter is pretty darn adorable. :)

TanyaLea said...

These are BEAUTIFUL Valerie! I absolutely love the one of Nolan sitting on the step with his Easter basket. And I love how you described the affect of black and whites...I couldn't agree more. They turn an ordinary photo into artwork and the subject is suddenly frozen in time in a whole new way. VERY nice!! :)

Tara Anderson said...

So sweet...happy belated Easter! :)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

He is PRECIOUS!!! So glad you took the plunge and decided to participate!! I hope you will join in again this week:)

Lisa

The family

The family