Friday, June 11, 2010

Dare to Dream--A New Skirting revealed


Dare to Dream

This light cotton ruffle skirt is perfect for summer--or cooler temperatures if paired with leggings or tights. To be honest, I fell in LOVE with this material the moment I saw it ... I only hesitated to buy it because I wasn't sure if I could do it justice ... it is such a beautiful China Blue and white--the color of my rice bowls

I know I'm probably putting the cart before the horse here ... but I just had to share this beautiful fabric even before I get the elastic completely sewn! Want one? Leave me a comment.

When I got the idea for starting "Ruffled Feathers"--the name I'm using for my low-brow company/skirt-making fundraiser--I ran to the store hoping this fabric was still there--and it was ... in limited quantities! 
So, why the name "Ruffled Feathers" you ask? Well, I have ruffled more than a few feathers with my passion of orphans, my blogging and my sewing! Especially in this house of ALL boys. (Thank goodness those feathers can be smoothed now and again and reassured that yes, they come first. Silliness to think otherwise! But ruffled they do become at times.) And poor Nolan ... he does have a great sense of humor donning this for me. I promised him I wouldn't show all of him and that I'd get a girl model soon. Thanks Nolan for being so secure with your manhood to put up with this mom's request!  :-)



10 comments:

WilxFamily said...

AWWWWW....poor Nolan! Yes, you'd better get a girl model soon! He definitely has 'Boy' feet and legs! LOL!

Beautiful skirt...as usual!

Shannon said...

Ohhhhh! I want to order two!!!!! Let me know how to order & pay you!!!!! I love your heart and that you ruffle some feathers :)
Shannon

The Sanders Family said...

Lol...Poor Nolan. Tell him Chloe woul dgladly take over his modeling responsibilities! ;) Love it Valerie! It's so very beautiful, and in my favorite color...blue! Of course I want one...doesn't everyone?!? :)

The Sanders Family said...

Oooh, and forgot to mention, I love the name ruffled feathers.

vicki said...

Hey!
Wanted to drop a line and say I think its great what you're doing to help the Rippees.
I can't wait to visit New Day myself in just a few day! :)
take care!

Vicki

Melissa said...

Val,
I love the way your words come to life...and the skirts are adorable!

Gretchen said...

I want one too!!! Let me know how. We are now totally addicted to ruffled feathers!

juliakulish/ART SPEAKING said...

Valerie - this is so beautiful! I love the fabric - it's so classic. I so admire someone who can sew well - I never seemed to get along very well with sewing machines :-)

Tina Fisher said...

I found you from Angie.

This skirt is beautiful!

Nolan, you are a brave one!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I think your skirt is beautiful! I'd love to see what all you create and know it is for such a wonderful purpose.

Many blessings on your venture!

Lisa
Mother to Lindy Li-Xiao
Waiting for her mei mei from Taiwan

The family

The family