Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Everything is Coming Up Pink Roses--Today's Skirting


If you checked out yesterday's post you know that I have a week full of "Skirtings" that I'm going to reveal each day this week. Hopefully, you'll enjoy them as much as I am creating them! I have 3 skirt fabric combinations in this style right now, which is a side split 2-layer skirt. It has just enough "poof" to twirl out, but not too much to be too ruffley. It would be perfect over shorts or leggins, or just on its own.


I haven't decided on a naming technique for these dresses and skirts. So in the mean time I'm calling this one "Pink Roses." The top layer of fabric has pink and peach roses growing on a rich pink background. The accenting piping is a swirly pink and cream fabric which overlays the underlayer in a complimentary seagrass green and ivory scroll design. I also have fabric in the same pattern with a blue background ... so maybe that will be an upcoming design choice?


Hmmm, coming up with a price for these little skirts. Seems like there should be an introductory incentive or something ... Here's an incentive, the proceeds through the summer will be split 3 ways between the cost of my materials, our church basement flooding restoration and The Rippee's Adoption Fundraiser. I'm hoping that this venture extends into the Fall and onward, but babysteps right now, right? You can reserve this skirt in your favorite size, or any of the other ones yet to be revealed this week for only $21 (easily divisible by 3.) You can leave me a comment or email me if you are interested in one ... or even if you'd just like to leave me an encouraging comment. Those are always welcome! :-)

Remember to keep checking back this week for the next "skirting."

Click any of the images to see them larger.

4 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

Love the skirt!!! And I love the way you are so selflessly giving of your time and energy...God will bless it, my friend! And I'm anxious to see how!!!

The Sanders Family said...

In response to your comment on my blog post: Chloe would be honored to have you make your samples in her size. And I am of course honored to take photos of your pieces whenever you want me to! Chloe and I have so much fun doing it :) I agree with Tara...God will bless your efforts! He blesses those who follow Him!

Heather said...

Love the skirts!!!

Football & Fried Rice said...

SOOOOOOOO cute!! I, too, stand in awe at your selflessness!

The family

The family