Saturday, July 3, 2010

Toady-Frog

Two weeks ago Brayden started swimming lessons. Of course being a Monday morning we were running a bit behind getting out the door and into this new routine. I was buckling Nolan into his carseat when the other 2 boys came screamin' into the garage begging me to, "come see this, mom, come see this!) I was insistant, "No, we have to get in the car and go or we'll be late!" But for some reason I stopped. I changed my mind (which I often don't do.) I unbuckled Nolan, I grabbed my camera and followed them to the front yard. And boy am I glad I stopped and took the time ... to be a mom ... to enjoy their joy ... to see the new "trick" they had taught their "pet" toad (that they had found the day before.)


That toad hung around a few days and truthfully, by the look on his face, I think he enjoyed the toad habitat they made for him in our pool. The trips down the toddler slide into the pool. Not to mention all the handling by the boys. He was one adventuresome toad. Oh yes, and the trick that they taught him?
To jump off of the soccer ball.


He now has many stories to share with his toady-friends!

2 comments:

The Sanders Family said...

I showed my boys these pictures and they are impressed. Such a sporty little toad! ;)

Shawna&Co. said...

I know exactly what you mean in the fact sometimes we get in such a rush with life we forget to stop and enjoy the little things.

We too have toads around here that get handled quite a bit.. I think they are just excited to make it out alive!!! LOL

That is hilarious that your boys taught their toad to jump. I can only imagine the intense laughter that followed. :)

The family

The family