Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

My E-man

Full of humor, deep of heart


E's Official photo with the sign
(again, taken the night BEFORE school to take the pressure off!)
Click to see this or any photo larger


His Locker (yes! even in Kdg!)

(again, taken a few days BEFORE school at the meet n' greet.)

This morning
(Brayden being a GREAT big brother and 
giving him some pointers on the way down to lane.) 


His first time on the regular bus route!


Cheesy Grin while in line
(okay, yes, I drove to the school to make sure he got there okay 
and was still in good spirits ... and to get some more photos.)


E leads his class into the first day of Kindergarten
(It's a really BIG class for our neck of the woods.) 


*Sniff-sob*
(tears of joy that we are SO blessed! 
And tears of sadness that you're growing up so quickly!) 


Savor
I'm reminded of something that continues to swirl in my head and my heart. 
I know that God has put the thought of SAVORING this time  there so I don't spend time wishing for the past or for the future., but to savor the present--even with the tears and some hurdles everyday--and to give thanks for so many blessings!!

Dad went into work late so he could watch the boys get off to school today--He was able to take this photo of us.
It is one of my all-time favs. It was not posed and E spontaneously put his head onto mine ... now if THAT wasn't hard to hold back some tears!

5 comments:

The Sanders Family said...

Oh Goodness, what a GREAT photo of you and the boys. I {not kidding} teared up looking at it. I'm so there with you...savor and cherish every single day the Lord blesses us with! Great photos Valerie! And so glad you went to school and took some of the kiddos in line. I see Cooper...you think you could email me a couple copies ;) Glad Easton looks so very happy and no tears! Yay! :)

Tara Anderson said...

What sweet pictures...especially the one of you and the boys!!! Wish I could be there to sniff along with you, but we've got Meet the Teacher tonight. Eli's first grade teacher moved down to Kindergarten, and that's who Chloe has but Eli's teacher is entirely new to us. I've heard great things about him, though!

WilxFamily said...

I get lumps in my throat when I see these kids heading off to school...it's such a reminder that time does not slow down!

Olivia will be 7 tomorrow. What's up with that?!?! I remember the first time I could pull up her hair in a cute little barrette. Wasn't that last week!?!? It was on her second birthday.

I home school, and can only imagine the complete WRECK I'll be when they go to college. All the emotion will be saved up for years!!

TanyaLea said...

Wow, Valerie...what sweet photos!! I LOVE that last one of you and the boys...unposed and PRICELESS! Yes SAVOR dear friend...SAVOR! God has placed that very thing on my own heart, and amidst times of hussle and bustle, I have to remind myself to slow down and SAVOR my kids, too! They do grow up SO fast. I also love the pic of the boys in the driveway...adorable. You are blessed my friend... BLESSED indeed!

Gretchen said...

Oh Valerie!

I am with you! We have to savor the moments that we are in. They pass all too quickly.

The family

The family