Friday, September 10, 2010

Thanksgiving to God


The Great-Big-Fundraiser has closed ... and the winners are listed at BlessingsAHundredFold!
Check it out! I hope you all won ... there were SO many cool prizes (I must admit!) And I wish EVERYONE could walk away with something in hand. However ... I know not everyone did ... 

but I know that each of you will walk away with so much in your heart for your donations, continued prayers, support through encouraging words and generosity. 

Wow ... what a journey this has been since May 12th when I accepted this opportunity from Rita to help with a fundraiser for the adoption of her daughter. Kinda leaves me smiling ... but wanting more. And don't worry ... we'll have something else as a follow-up soon! (We'll be having a bidders-auction online soon and a pendant sale on Oct. 5th through Sarah's generous offer to donate a percentage of her sales on that ONE DAY to The Rippees!!) If you have an item you'd like to donate to the auction, please email me! We'd love to see some great things!! Right now we have an adorable hand-crafted heirloom outfit from Diane M. and a Ruffled Feathers skirt or two from me and a hand quilted item from Rita's mom!

For today though I have to return again to the Baby Be Blessed dolls. I love them. And to be honest ... my yearning to have a daughter is probably a deep seeded love of being a little girl myself and a little part of me that has never grown out of my love of dolls!  

And one of my very favorite, and maybe first dolls, was a Raggedy Ann doll. If you had one of these you may remember the little "I Love You" heart printed on her chest under her clothes? I loved that and seriously remember checking that out when I was supposed to be napping! No wonder I love the Baby Be Blessed Dolls so much with their scripture bellies!

So today when I checked out BabyBeBlessed's  FreeFridays I read through their post from yesterday too and was SO touched by her words. The scripture she quote on sowing of seeds and the blessings we are given as being a way God gives us SO many ways to in turn give him thanksgiving and praise was JUST what I needed to hear. And the ministry of the Baby Be Blessed dolls is just even more incredible having read these words again with her  and her heart in mind.

Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 
Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed; as it is written, "HE SCATTERED ABROAD, HE GAVE TO THE POOR, HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS ENDURES FOREVER."

Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness; you will be enriched in everything for all liberality, which through us is producing thanksgiving to God.

For the ministry of this service is not only fully supplying the needs of the saints, but is also overflowing through many thanksgivings to God.

Because of the proof given by this ministry, they will glorify God for your obedience to your confession of the gospel of Christ and for the liberality of your contribution to them and to all, while they also, by prayer on your behalf, yearn for you because of the surpassing grace of God in you.

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!

2 Corinthians 9:6-15

If you are not already familiar with the Baby Be Blessed lineup, hold onto your heart and check 'em out because they are SO adorable!
Look at the personalize Scripture on their tummy!

See?!
Isn't your heart all floppy and full now?! AND just think of the impact reading not just "I LOVE YOU," but God's words from His love letter to us and imagining what impact that will have on your little one's heart ... even 30+ years later!

And check out their site HERE:


3 comments:

Shannon said...

Valerie!
You have been so so faithful to the Rippees. I am praying that teh Lord is blessing you mightily. I am blessed just watching it all unfold!!!!!!! I haven't been over yet to celebrate the winners but am thrilled by all that God has done.
I am with you about the dolls! The first thing I did when we decided to adopt again was order a Baby Be Blessed doll. It came to China, was the first thing I handed Georgia on Gotcha day, was there in her hospital bed and is right with her each night. Guess what verse the Lord whispered to put on that doll way before we knew who Georgia was?
"Trust in the LORD with all your HEART and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" Proverbs 3:5-6 It still gives me shivers. I remember sitting in the hospital room, her hooked up to a million machines and me holding that doll and reading that verse just begging God to make it true.
Love you!
Shannon

Football and Fried Rice said...

I love the dolls - but you can't get one right now! They have closed their cart already for the Christmas season (which means I'm out for Christmas, Gotcha Day and Mya's Birthday) :(

Maybe next year!!

Not that we don't have a few dolls :)

TanyaLea said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

I LOVE YOUR GIVING, SERVANT'S HEART!!

Valerie, I know you are sharing those scriptures from the Baby Be Blessed sight for us and how God blesses the cheerful giver... but when I read them today, I thought of you. May He RICHLY bless you for your faithfulness to serve Him through your ministry and giving to others. You are a GIFT!! <><

And the BBB dolls are my FAVE!!! SOME day Khloe WILL have one...they are so beautiful and my favorite is the scriptures, too! I'm saving up for one someday!

God bless! <><

love,
Tanya

P.S.>> can't wait for the next auction...I love how you have taken the reins to help them out!!

The family

The family