Sunday, October 24, 2010

While the husband is away ...

While my husband was away from home for the last 9 days doing this in North Dakota:


We kept busy holding down the fort on the homefront going to school and hockey and even a few hours at Chucky Cheese's ... and also burning the midnight late hunting for things like this:

 and this:
and this: (American Girl almond-shaped-eye Bitty Baby)



And working on a sewing an outfit like this:

for her and her soon-to-be new loving "momma" in matcing styles for the BOTH of them, in fabrics like this:


To help raise money for a sweet adoption from China.

Check out all the cool items at The Silent Auction 
for Randy & Rita Rippee's Adoption Fund, this coming Wednesday, 
October 27th thru November 19th!!
I'm hoping to have time to hold down one more "fort" ... to add to the end of the auction by close.


No promises ... But keep checking back to see if I get it made! (Just an FYI, I did NOT make this fort, but found it online ... for lotsa moolah ... I WILL keep you all posted with my version when I get it made.)
It would be a way-cool-Christmas present!


Ni Hao Y'all

9 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, that fort is WAY too cool!! You are one busy Mama! We have that almond eyed baby, her name is Ruby - she is Mya's only sister ;)

The Raudenbush Family said...

Praise God for all the efforts you are putting forth for this next auction! Can't wait to see what all you have on it.
Blessings!

Randy and Rita Rippee said...

Wow!! That is a really cool fort! I think every kid would enjoy one of those! What a cool idea Valerie. You are such a blessing to us and sooo many others! Not to mention how creative you are!

Tara Anderson said...

Jeff looks so happy! Glad he had a good time!!! And...WOW...love the stuff you're finding for the auction! I think it's going to be another success!

WilxFamily said...

You made that 'lil pink fort?! That is SO COOL!!

Your talent never ceases to amaze me. Seriously, you are, hands down THE most talented person I know!

Congrats to Jeff on some WHOPPER ducks! Those are HUGE!

The Sanders Family said...

Oh my goodness Valerie...would you actually make that pink beautiful fort yourself??? I LOVE it! Let me know if you do...I'd definitely buy it for Chloe for Christmas!

Chris said...

How do you do it all???

I will definitely check out the silent auction for your friends!

Just thinking about making that pink fort is impressive...can't wait to see what you come up with!

I also noticed your button for An Orphan's Wish! Yay! Thanks for your support. As the sponsorship coordinator, it always makes my heart leap for joy when I see our button on someone's blog! :)

Gretchen said...

You are a busy lady, my friend. Love the fort. I can not wait to see what you come up with.

TanyaLea said...

LOVE the 'fort'...how fun would that be!? Praying for blessings ABUNDANTLY upon you are your family for your selfless, servant's heart, Valerie! You are such a blessing to SO MANY!! <><

The family

The family