Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday Snapshot--Ruffled Feathers Company

Last Saturday our church hosted a Country Craft and Bake Sale to help raise funds to cover the costs for flooding repair to their basement. I am pleased to have offered what I had to the fundraising efforts--some skirts that I made during the past few months.

I really do enjoy immensely making skirts (much to the dismay of my husband and three boys ... which hilariously gave me the name for my small little business, "Ruffled Feathers."--The skirts have definitely ruffled their feathers on an ongoing basis.)

And can you believe I sold 6 skirts, 3 orders and 2 tutus! Which I thought was pretty good considering I'm not a large operation at all ... (my entire pre-made inventory at the time was 16 skirts and 2 tutus.)

Here's a peek at my setup (click on any photo to see it larger):




I LOVE this photo ... do you see why?


Here he is again ... my little helper ... his BIG brothers went to a hockey game and he ... was stuck with mom selling skirts. Probably not his first choice ... but he made due. I just heart him SO much!

If you like any of these skirts please let me know, I still have a few of the pre-made ones ready to go. AND I have leftover fabric that I can make to order. Check them out here at Ruffledfeatherscompany.blogspot.com
IN FACT, remember to check out Nihaoyall as Ruffled Feathers will be one of the featured give-away items THIS WEEK in Stefanie's 30 days of Giveaways!



Ni Hao Y'all

4 comments:

TanyaLea said...

Oh funny, I just emailed you about a skirt!! ;) I do like the christmas tree one you have on there...cute fabric! So bright and whimsical!! :)

Glad to hear the sale went well. I love your heart to serve, Valerie... LOVE!!!

May you have a very BLESSED Thanksgiving... you certainly deserve it! <><

Hugs,
Tanya

Heather said...

love your skirts! I wish I had a little one who could wear them! My niece is not into skirts right now, so none for her. I am glad you sold a lot of stuff and got more orders for more. happy thanksgiving!

Gretchen said...

Love love LOVE your skirts!! Do you have any in our sizes? Happy thanksgiving, friend.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful skirts and what an adorable little helper!

The family

The family