Friday, April 1, 2011

Disillusion--Fabric Therapy

So today was a day I really needed Fabric Therapy.
Seriously.
And God must have known. (Well of course He did.) But I should have realized that this kinda day would be coming too. After all ... it is April Fool's Day, right?
That compounded by the fact that I woke up to find ALL the Amy Butler prints on sale at my favorite online fabric shop (which I thankfully resisted.) This doesn't happen all that often and these are seriously cool prints. Luckily since I snagged some at a previous sale I was able to stand strong and hold off until I sell some more skirts and use up the stash on hand. (If you like Amy Butler and want to know where I'm talking about send me a note and I'll let you know the details of the sale.)

But it's been a long, long winter of "things not mentioned" ... particularly because it has to deal with near and dear family and not really me (phew!) ... and out of respect for them I feel I should keep things private and really ... this is a blog and it really needs to be uplifting not the place to air dirty laundry.
But oh the hurt. Sometimes I wanna scream and have someone make it all right.

Yes, thankfully it is not me and our immediate family riding the waves of a dissolving marriage, but seeing a sibling go through it is still horrible. It's like a death that is very drawn out and painful.

SO, today when there was to be a hearing that was postponed due to unpreparedness of certain parties  ... a silver lining appeared for me (the sister bystander person) in a little quilting shop in the small little cupcake town near where I grew up. It was an absolutely adorable sweet print ...
What a wonderful blessing for the day!

Miss Emma's Garden by Anne Sutton and Bunny Hill
I cannot wait to make a dress or a project out of it! (Let me know if you have any skirt needs for flowers and birdies.)

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, I love, love, love Amy Butler! Now, if I could master sewing!

I know what you mean about watching others' pain - sometimes it can be draining. Praying for that silver lining!

TanyaLea said...

Oh Valerie ~ I'm so sorry to hear of the hurt that is being battled in your extended family. It is always hard to watch people go through things. We've had some 'yuck' circumstances in our extended family as well. Like you, I don't write about it on my blog. But it's crazy how emotionally draining it can be. So I'm glad God blessed you with a "blooming" picker-upper in that pretty fabric... it's refreshing, SPRINGY, and romantic...I love it!

And Amy Butler... yes, DO share your link, p'lease!!! ;)

(((hugs)))

The family

The family