Thursday, September 22, 2011

Khloe's Adoption Day

As I am working on this month's edit to my 5 children from the ND Sponsorship Updates my heart is heavy as I try to process some sad news from friends that their sweet daughter went to meet Jesus yesterday. It was not expected at all and is such a shock. It hurts. 

*********************

I was SO glad to see these beautiful photos posted by Khloe's mom of a VERY different and happy day!

As I read through Khloe's final Update, I am overjoyed to know that she has been carried in the arms of ND into her forever family. You may remember the post a few days ago about the matching dresses I surprised Wendy with for Khloe and her older sister Makayla for Khloe's very special day--her Adoption Day! **(Whoops! I just noticed that I didn't post them here on this site, but on my sewing site. Please go HERE if you'd like to see that post!)

It is a beautiful day to see a little bit of something familiar marking something so life changing and good for so many. And really? The girl does make the dress!

Beautiful!

  

Khloe and Makayla--you are wonderfully made!
Thank you for sharing your day with me!


God is Good ... and His Love Endures Forever ...
I will remember that especially in the difficult to understand times.

5 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

Oh my....PRECIOUS!!! I'm so glad that Khloe is with her forever family now! I always love seeing children placed in families, but it feels extra good when one of those kiddoes is either from New Day or Henan province. I guess that's what happen when your heart is tied to a place. :)

Football and Fried Rice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Football and Fried Rice said...

Really puts a face to the fact that The Lord gives and takes away.

Precious to see those girls in their Ruffled Feather creations in China! And really, precious to know Vivian is perfectly healed and dancing with Jesus.

Gretchen said...

Oh, my heart. Prayers for that precious family.

TanyaLea said...

Oh goodness... I guess if I had visited 'here' before your other blog, I would've seen that you CLEARLY have seen Khloe and Mikayla in their matching sister twirls on adoption day... and more recently, again in GZ! SO cute!!! What a precious treasure you gave them. Isn't it just the funnest seeing them all together. Oh the SMILES I have seen on Khloe's face since joining their family are just SO sweet!!

The family

The family