Friday, September 30, 2011

Our Cornfield

Nolan is hilarious--a couple of days ago it was beautiful outside and while we were enjoying the weather I thought it would be fun to walk through the newly harvested corn field in our backyard and gather up some of the corn that was left on the ground for our horses. Apparently my stern warnings all summer to STAY OUT OF THE CORN!, for fear of the boys getting lost in the rows, made an impact. Even though the corn is gone, he exclaimed in a panic as I headed to the field,

"NO MOM! Don't go in the corn ... you'll get all corny!"

hahahaha!
What a hoot he is! 'Cuz yes, he was serious!

Then yesterday the farmer came back to rough disc in the corn stalks back into the soil to help build it up for next year. This left the field a mixture of dirt and corn stalks.
When Nolan awoke from his nap he noticed RIGHT away that something was different with the cornfield (To be honest, I don't think I would have even noticed if I hadn't heard the tractor out there) and he said,

"Mom! Our cornfield is dirty!"

Oh I do love this child!

1 comment:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Love it!! That boy is so cute!! I love cornfields!!

The family

The family