Friday, October 28, 2011

Autumn's Twirling Colors: A Skirting

I had the opportunity to donate a skirt to an adoption fundraiser in late August. It was an especially sweet blessing for me because the little girl that the fundraiser was for had been on my list of little ones from ND, for whom I help edit the monthly sponsorship updates, from when I first started. So to even have a glimmer of a speck of something to contribute to help bring her home, wow, I was more than happy to provide a gift certificate for the cause! Here is sweet Khloe and her big sister Mikayla in matching dresses that I surprised their mom with before they left to receive Khloe.



God is so cool. Of course it didn't end with that ...
The winner of the gift certificate turned out to be my good friend Tanya Lea ... who has a daughter with ND roots ... and who happens to have the name "Khloe" just as the Khloe the fundraiser was for!

And now I am blessed to share with you the TWO LAYER FULL skirt that I made from the fabrics Tanya chose and I coordinated into this design. woooo-whooo! Lots of twirling potential! And my she does have good fabric taste!

Beautifully autumn in its tones, I can already envision Khloe twirling through the leaves. I can't wait to see it in action!



If you would like a skirt, dress or ruffle pants designed for your little sugar plum, please leave me a comment or email me at almquist at fmtcs dot com
And make sure to hop on over to visit my sewing site at Ruffled Feathers Company to be inspired.

2 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

I love the skirt you made for Tanya's little Khloe! But then...I seem to love everything you make!

TanyaLea said...

My Khloe absolutely LOVES her new skirt and will be sporting it this weekend... I'll be sure to send the photos soon!! :)

Thank you, my very talented friend ~you did an amazing job!

OXO,
Tanya

The family

The family