Sunday, February 19, 2012

LWB Cleft Surgery Trip 2012

A few weeks ago I came across a Facebook post asking if anyone would be interested in sewing some baby bibs for the LWB cleft surgery trip.
WOW.
How cool would that be?! I love to sew. And I do have a lot of fabric, especially little pieces leftover from skirt and dress projects that would be perfect for bibs.

And yes, even though I do have a few BIG projects that are still in the works, a little thing here or there is such a joy.
I am so excited to be a part of something so wonderful!

Pass a few days by and I somehow ended up on the LWB "surgery needed" site ... and was drawn to a little one with a cleft lip. I posted on her here.
Remember Shannon?
Cute. as. a. button!

I can't say that I put two and two together even for a second though and thought about the bib request and that a bib I make might end up helping Shannon post surgery ... Crazy that I didn't ... but a few days after sponsoring her (in a very small part) that very thought dawned on me.
And the tears came with the thought of what a gift that would be! (to me!)
Sometimes there are the sweetest gifts in the little details aren't there? Like a big ol' hug from God.

And I'm happy to note that Shannon's surgery has since been funded in FULL!
Ya.
IN FULL!!

That is definitely many hearts coming together to make such a big difference for one.
And what a JOY it was to return from a family ski vacation today and find a very special email in my inbox with NEW photos of dear sweet Shannon! Isn't she absolutely beautiful and precious!

So soon that small cleft in her smile will be whole and her sweet smile will be melting so many hearts including her forever family's in new ways! What a gift that she will start healing now and will not have to wait ANY longer.

The LWB surgery fund is making the difference for SO many children ... and for so many families and forever families. If you haven't checked it out, please do.
Love Without Boundaries
I simply cannot wait for the LWB Cleft Surgery Trip in April!!!
Not only for Shannon, but for all the children. It is simply amazing to see their smiles whole and another destination in their journey accomplished with SO many lives touched through the gifts of others working together. Now that is LOVE.

1 Corinthians 13:13

 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

No comments:

The family

The family