Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day--Red Envelopes for Alea

Mother's Day just passed ... and one of the best things I received this year was a gift bag (with tissue and all the works) that contained 3 beautiful, hand-picked ... rocks!

I love rocks, and I love that my 3 boys all took the time to not only know that, but to pick out 3 special ones just for me. I love my boys--they are truly the BEST ...

And when I think about them I think about what an honor it is for me to be a mom. I am truly so blessed.
There is the coolest fundraiser going on for a little girl who doesn't have a mom or dad.
She also has a failing liver. HOWEVER ... she is in good hands. And it looks like she may be receiving a donor liver soon. Something unheard of where she is right now. It's literally ... a miracle.
BUT, surgery isn't free. They are raising funds to pay for this life-saving surgery, and it is not just a donate by clicking on a button kind of a thing. They have Red Envelopes (which have very special symbolism in China) numbered from 1-500. You choose which envelope you'd like to sponsor (and it can be a combination if your exact amount has already been taken--Example: you want to donate $52. You could choose the envelope #52 ... OR you might consider the #50 envelope and the #2 envelope ... or the #20 envelope and the #32 envelope--catching on?)

You can go here to find out more http://www.hopeforalea.com/ and to access the envelopes. Only SIXTEEN people have donated so far! And there are so many low number envelopes still available! -- Well, make that 17 because I'm headed over there next.

There is also a bit of a reward chance for you if you share this via a blog post or fb link! Check it out!
http://www.hopeforalea.com/ 

No comments:

The family

The family