Friday, May 4, 2012

A war in my living room ...

There I was, enjoying my morning ... and
A war broke out ... 
right in front of the toy work bench!

 The lines were drawn and the enemy advanced ...

And I have absolutely no clue how to play "war" in case you are wondering. Nolan figured this out pretty quick ... but he was pretty impressed when I called one weapon a "bazooka" though. (I was referring to the thing-a-ma-bob in the above picture in the yellow guy's hand.) I'm really glad he still believes that I know what I'm talking about ;-) -- even if I don't.
*Just a note: We inherited the little green plastic war men/tanks from my nephew ... the interest in it has arisen from the box of goodies we're packing for a family friend who is currently serving in Afghanistan.

And just in case you worry that there is too much testosterone running through this house ... okay ... yes there is.
I'm hanging on by a thread and by the help of chocolate.
Nolan also helped me whip up a batch of "Puppy Chow Chex Mix" also for the goodie box headed into a war zone.
I really need to get him an official apron. And it better be chocolate colored judging from the look of this dish towel make-shift apron.
Speaking of which, did you know that Scarlet Threads has a Mother's Day sale going on RIGHT NOW?! There is a 25% discount ALL month this May!! Use code: "mothersmay"

P.S. There is also still time to enter the FREE giveaway listed in the post below! Enter now!

No comments:

The family

The family