Thursday, July 12, 2012

Nerf Nose: The Wanna Be Wordless Wednesday Post

Ever have one of those days? You know the ones where you are for sure you've lost your mind because things have unraveled severely.
That day was yesterday around here and I'm not sure what started it all. I'm thinking it may have had to do with my failing to prioritize correctly and skipping my quiet time with God ... which come to speak of it ... I'm not off to the best start this morning either.

But after a 10:30pm to 2:30am trip to W@lmart to refocus myself and lose my thoughts in dodging the aisles around stockmen and boxes and actually getting to read a label and consciously consider what I was putting in my cart ... it was heavenly bliss--(Not to mention the DQ Cappacino-Heath Blizzarrd that I stopped for prior to the only other store open at that hour in these parts)--I think I've recovered.

I think back over yesterday and I can see the slow erosion of my patience over the course of the day along with the continual build of boys picking on boys in true summer fashion. (Did I mention that ALL the school supplies are out now in the stores? Hmmm ... maybe I should have taken the boys WITH me and threatened reminded them how dear these days are at home with mom.) It is not easy being a mom sometimes ... especially of all boys. It can be downright lonely and frustrating ...

And then I come across a photo like this from Sunday ....
Ahhh ... and I'm reminded how sweet they are--even if they at times are snips and snails and puppy dog tails ... oh yes, and nerf suction-cup bullets.

All is right with the world once again.
I think I'll make sure to get my prioritizing right today from the start. I'd hate to miss out on a moment like this.

*I just came across this on a friend's blog (thanks Shannon!) and I have to put it here ... 
I'm going to chew on this today.

"You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule.
4 "You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you.
5 "You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought."--Matthew 5 (The Message translation)


May you live today in the knowledge of just how blessed you really are.

No comments:

The family

The family