Monday, September 24, 2012

Little Willow Tree Sew Swap


At the risk of pushing back my sewing schedule a bit, <> I dared to participate in a Sew-Swap that is being revealed this week. Ya, probably a bit self-indulgent ... but I really am excited to get a "little-sewn-something" just for me in the mail from another fabric lover that I don't even know!

For the swap we filled out a small question/answer form telling a little bit about ourselves and what colors/fabrics/fabric designers we liked and submitted it with our name/address. In return, the following week we received an assignment of someone for whom to sew something. (Kinda a Daisy Chain Swapping, not a direct to-from swap if you can follow that. So I'll end up "meeting" two sewing folks! The one who gave me something and the one to whom I gave something.) As it turns out, the assignment came while I was traveling to see family out of state ... and the WEEK that I had to create something ... got shortened to FOUR DAYS.

FOUR DAYS.
ack!

At least I knew this in advance that this would be the case and I tried my best to get some ideas rolling around in my head so as soon as I returned home I could hit the ground running. Somehow I had a feeling that I was going to be using turquoise and red and I was SO happy to find out that those were some of my assignments Fav colors! (God was covering me on that one no doubt!)

So here it is. Ya, it was a little more intense than I originally thought it would be ... but that's usually how it rolls with me.
A 24" x 24" Table Topper.
 It turned out pretty well. Hope my sew-swap-partner enjoys it! It was fun making it (even under a little pressure.)

Showing a little bit of the back fabric (no, the doily behind it is not part of it)


 
 Up Closer


And closer yet

I have to say, it didn't photograph very well. It looks much better in real life. BUT ... that maybe was because it was night time and my digital camera doesn't do very with low light.

3 comments:

Lexilooo said...

Valerie! This is just GORGEOUS!!! I love it, I love the colors, I love the pattern. I wish I was your partner (though I wasn't in the swap!), this is just fabulous. Your partner will love it!

littlewillowtree said...

Awesome! I'll be sending out an email next week giving info on how/when to link up! zthank you for participating!

Becky @ The Barefoot Seamstress said...

I am so excited to be the recipient of this!! It's absolutely perfect! How funny that you were thinking red and turquoise too :) You put an amazing amount of detail into it and I can hardly wait to put it on our kitchen table in our new house!

The family

The family